Become a Lone Star Student Teller!
Could your student take the stage and captivate an audience with a story? If you answered yes, and your child is between ages 8 to 18, we encourage them to audition for The Lone Star Student Tellers. No storytelling experience necessary—just potential.
Watch one of our Lone Start Student Tellers in action!
What are the benefits to becoming a student teller?
Parents tell us becoming a Lone Star Student Teller builds confidence and develops public speaking skills.
What will Lone Star Student Tellers do?
Lone Star Student Tellers share a 5-minute spoken story at concerts held during the Lone Star Storytelling Festival on October 19, 2013. Our student tellers share the stage with nationally recognized professional storytellers.
What is the commitment?
- Attend a 2-hour orientation.
- Attend at least 7 free one-hour coaching sessions provided by storytelling professionals on staff at the Frisco Public Library.
- Practice telling in the community.
- Participate in a dress rehearsal concert.
- May perform during FISD’s Study Trip Day Friday, October 18.
- Perform during the festival on Saturday, October 19.
Click here to apply.
Click here for information on how to submit an audition.
Need some help? Click here for tips and tricks on how to wow the judges!
For further assistance: Contact Cindy Boatfield at email@example.com.