Auditions are open March 1st through May 1 for the 2017 Lone Star Storytellers!
Could your student elevate their public speaking skills and train to captivate an audience with a story? If you answered yes, and your student will be age 9-18 by October, 2017, we encourage them to audition for The Lone Star Storytellers. No previous experience required—just potential.
Watch one of our Lone Star Storytellers in action!
What will Lone Star Storytellers do?
Lone Star Storytellers (ages 9-18) learn, craft, and perfect a five minute spoken story. They perform these stories at various venues throughout Frisco, culminating in performances at the Lone Star Storytelling Festival on Oct. 12-14, 2017. Lone Star Storytellers share the stage with professional storytellers and may be selected to perform for thousands of students during FISD Field Trips to Dr. Pepper Arena.
What are the benefits to becoming a Lone Star Storyteller?
- Develop life-long public speaking skills and build confidence.
- Exclusive workshops on public speaking, improvisational skills, storytelling, and using your gifts and talents.
- Become part of a professional storytelling troupe and contribute to the Frisco arts community.
- Showcase talent through performances in the Frisco community.
What is the program curriculum for students?
- Attend (with a guardian) a mandatory, one-hour orientation on Wednesday, August 9 from 7-8:00pm.
- Complete at least seven free, one-hour coaching sessions provided by storytelling professionals on staff at the Frisco Public Library and in the Frisco community.
- Attend at least one free workshop on public speaking, improvisational skills, and using your gifts and talents.
- Perform at various venues throughout Frisco.
- Perform before family and friends at mandatory dress rehearsal Sunday, October 8, 2017 from 3:00-5:00 pm.
- May be selected to perform during FISD’s Field Trip Days Thursday or Friday morning, October 12-13, 2017.
- Perform during the Festival on Friday and/or Saturday, October 13-14, 2017.
To audition please help your student submit an application and video to the Frisco Public Library by May 1. Links to the application and an FAQ are provided on this page. For further assistance contact Bonnie Barber at email@example.com.
We invite your student to audition for the 2017 Lone Star Storytellers and be part of the story!