Auditions for the 2021 Lone Star Storytellers are open! Audition information, FAQs, and tips & tricks are below.
Watch one of our Lone Star Storytellers in action!
Lone Star Storytellers: The What, Who, How, and Why
What will Lone Star Storytellers do?
Lone Star Storytellers (LSS) (ages 9-18) learn, craft, and perform a five-minute spoken story. These performers will comprise the Virtual Lone Star Storytelling Festival video that will be shared with thousands of students from FISD, as well as the general public on Frisco Public Library’s social media platforms. Selected performers may perform their audition stories or may be asked to select and develop a new story.
What are the benefits to becoming a Lone Star Storyteller?
• Develop public speaking skills and build confidence.
• Become part of a professional storytelling troupe and contribute to the Frisco arts community.
• Showcase your talent in your community through the culminating video performance.
What is the program curriculum for students?
• Attend Zoom orientation on Monday, August 2 at 4:00pm with a guardian
• Complete at least 3 free, one-hour coaching sessions led by professionals from the Library
• Participate in a dress rehearsal Zoom meeting on Thursday, September 9 at 6:30pm
•Participate in the Virtual Lone Star Storytelling Festival taping the week of September 13, 2021
How are Lone Star Storytellers selected?
Auditions will be judged by a panel of storytelling professionals assembled by the Frisco Public Library.
What needs to be in the audition video?
• Record the student telling a memorized story of his or her choice – no reading from books or scripts, please.
• The audition story should be no more than five minutes long and recorded indoors.
• The audition story must be a story that has been published in some format. It may not be a self-written story.
• The student should state their full name and the name of the story at the beginning of the audition.
• Students may upload their audition to Google Drive, YouTube, or Dropbox and email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I submit an audition?
• Download the Lone Star Storyteller Audition form below.
• Submit both the audition video and a completed audition application form to email@example.com between March 1 and May 2, 2021.
What is the audition deadline? When will I know results?
Audition deadline is May 2, 2021 at 6:00pm. All auditionees will be contacted via email by May 31, 2021.
Questions? Contact Kayla Wardell: firstname.lastname@example.org