Watch some of our Lone Star Storytellers in action!
Lone Star Storytellers: The What, Who, How, and Why
What will Lone Star Storytellers do?
Lone Star Storytellers (LSS) (ages 9-18) learn, craft, and perform a five-minute spoken story. They perform at events throughout Frisco, culminating in performances at the Lone Star Storytelling Festival on October 13-14, 2022. LSS share the stage with professional storytellers and may be selected to perform for thousands of students during FISD Field Trips to Comerica Center. Selected performers may perform their audition stories or may be asked to select and develop a new story.
What are the benefits to becoming a Lone Star Storyteller?
• Develop public speaking skills and build confidence.
• Become part of a professional storytelling troupe and contribute to the Frisco arts community.
• Showcase your talent in your community through the culminating video performance.
What is the program curriculum for students?
• Attend orientation on Wednesday, July 27 at 4:00pm or 7:00pm with a guardian
• Complete at least seven free, one-hour coaching sessions led by professionals from the Library and Frisco community
• Perform at one of the community concerts
• Perform before family and friends at the dress rehearsal Monday, October 10 at 6:30pm
• May be selected to perform at FISD Field Trip Day or at the Lone Star Storytelling Festival Thursday-Friday, October 13-14
How are Lone Star Storytellers selected?
Auditions will be judged by a panel of storytelling professionals assembled by the Frisco Public Library.
What needs to be on the digital audition performance?
• Record the student telling a memorized story of his or her choice – no reading from books or scripts, please
• The audition story should be no more than five minutes long and recorded indoors
• The audition story must be a story that has been published in some format. It may not be a self-written story
• The student should state their full name and the name of the story at the beginning of the audition
• Students may upload their audition to Google Drive, YouTube, or Dropbox and email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I submit an audition?
• Download the Lone Star Storyteller Audition form below.
• Submit both the audition video and a completed audition application form to email@example.com between March 1 and May 1, 2022
What is the audition deadline? When will I know results?
Audition deadline is May 1, 2022 at 6:00pm. All auditionees will be contacted via email by May 27, 2022.
Questions? Contact Kayla Wardell: firstname.lastname@example.org